Monday, July 19, 2010

2 Weeks Clean

Another week has passed and it has gone well. For the most part.

The week started out with me on the road for a couple of days doing something for work but I went prepared! I packed my little cooker full of healthy snacks and home baked goodness (clean of course) for the trip. I bought only one meal while out and was able to make a healthy choice.

This week I lost 1.3 pounds!

I have to say how shocked I am as I felt that it is seeming really easy.

To boot I only visited the gym 1 time! (not braggin' just saying ... my trainer wouldn't be impressed).

This all goes to show you that it really is what goes into your body when.

Some new foods that I just recently cooked up was Picadillo Chicken (super yummy!), and Apple Sauce Banana Bread (haven't tried it yet, it's in the oven). Along with baked oatmeal that has proven to be a delicious breakfast for sure.

As for desserts, Wally made Chocolate Mousse out of Tofu and a dark chocolate bar. It tasted like dark chocolate bar. We found that it was more palatable with strawberries added. It would make a good addition to a trifle.

Oh and 'Breakfast cookies' are amazing. Like amazing!

Now I have to come clean about something (excuse the pun). I visited home this past weekend and knew it would be an issue. As soon as I walked through the door goodies from all around were calling my name. I waited for a while and decided to partake. So, I partook.

Right away I realized that the homemade chocolate squares tasted a bit waxy and not all that great. Unfortunately I tasted a few before I decided I didn't need them. I withheld from the chocolate bars hidden in the fridge and anything else processed. For some reason I have brain washed myself about processed foods. something I don't mind.

I continue to pursue my clean eating and look forward to what this week brings.

No comments: