Tuesday, February 15, 2011

I'm back!

Well, it's been almost 7 months to the day since I've posted on this blog.

Wow!

I have done quite a bit of writing surrounding my struggle with Eating Clean yet also regarding my clear passion for doing so.

I actually have to laugh at myself a little as I am currently teaching a Clean Eating class to raise money for a charity yet right now I am struggling more than ever with it since starting my journey 7 plus months ago.

I have learned so much in the past 7 months. About how to best Eat Clean, about my abilities to do so, how it can affect your relationships and the difficulties of doing so in social situations (less because you want to and more because other people seem to hate you for it).

The current lesson I'm learning is how easy it is to let denial come in. How easy it can be to slowly, little by little, let go of the positive changes that were so difficult to make.

As I sit here I can say with full confidence that I believe 100% in Clean Eating and that it is possible to do so (for anyone) and be successful, that it doesn't have to be a lifelong struggle. But at the same time I must be honest and tell you that I have not done it long term yet.

In the past 2 months since buying our house and moving away from our gym I have struggled greatly with weight training and slowly but surely the sugar binge eating has reared it's ugly head.

I find myself trying to fight the mental battle and figure out it's intent at the same time.

I don't believe I am a failure and that's not what I'm here to say. I just want to be honest that you can seem to have a problem completely solved, an addiction apparently kicked only out that it's something you must commit to for life, NOT a certain number of days, weeks, months or even years.

I may or may not end up writing again in this blog. We will see. I have full intentions on mastering Clean Eating and the lifestyle of a healthy person (in every way). It just may not happen overnight. But that's ok.

I have learned that just because I didn't get to my goal of a completely clean lifestyle in 6 months doesn't mean it's impossible or that I won't do it in the next. As long as I am here I have every power in my to make the right choices. The fun part is making them.

Maybe I will write again here ... we'll see. It may just be what I need to plow my way to success.

I know that I can.

I can :)

No comments: